Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Makeup Magazine: Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Matte Foundation Fairly Light

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Matte Foundation Fairly Light

b2526 Bare Escentuals 313c5YM9HeL. SL160

  • 93% of women saw minimized pores*
  • 85% of women experienced improved skin clarity with continued use*
  • 89% said this foundation reduced oily shine throughout the day*
  • *Based on an independent consumer study.

What it is:A revolutionary, 100% pure bareMinerals SPF 15 mattifying foundation that delivers a flawless, natural matte finish that lasts all day and provides extraordinary skincare benefits. GET THE FULL EFFECT: Add your foundation shade to a customizable Get Started Kit for exceptional results at an incredible value >

buynow big

List Price: $ 28.00

Price: $ 16.99

Customer Reviews


20 of 20 people found the following review helpful:
b2526 Bare Escentuals stars 5 0. V192240867
Feels AND works good!, July 6, 2009
By 

Amazon Verified Purchase(What’s this?)

I am in love with this product! I have always hated using foundation, but powders never had the coverage I needed. The first time I tried Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals, it looked terrible. But after a little practice, it is by far, the best foundation I have ever used. I have very blotchy skin, with dark red patches and acne scars. This product gives me the flawless skin nature didn’t!

I have tried several of the competitor’s products that claim to be mineral foundation, but none of them worked as well as the Bare Escentuals. In fact, none of them worked at all for me!

Be sure to follow the Swirl, Tap, Buff instructions, or it will not work right! I have also learned that using lotions of any kind before this product, will cause clumping in that area. I use Mineral Veil before the foundation when I have recently used lotion, or need extra coverage.

EDITED 6 months later – December 30, 2009

I have since stopped using this product, but still stand behind this review. I have battled cystic acne and acne vulgaris for 20 years or more (NOT caused, or even aggravated by this product). I have some signifigant scarring as a result of this. As my skin has aged, the scarring has become more noticeable. The Bare Minerals powder worked great to cover the redness of these scars. But since the surface of my face is no longer perfectly smooth due to these scars, the powder actually makes them MORE noticeable. I was very sad to give this product up, and I still think longingly of it while slathering on my goopy foundation.

So basically, Bare Minerals is wonderful, and I still highly recommend it. But if you have pits from severe acne scarring, it may not be the product for you.

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 


Was this review helpful to you? b2526 Bare Escentuals btn yes sec md. V192249951
b2526 Bare Escentuals btn no sec md. V192249949


14 of 14 people found the following review helpful:
a0fbe Bare Escentuals stars 4 0. V192240704
Lighter Coverage, Awesome Container, February 9, 2010
By 

I have to agree with the naysayers. If you’ve used BareMinerals standard foundation before, you may be disappointed. I have both the matte and standard and I just did a half and half face comparison. The matte did not cover darkness under the eyes or redness from blemishes nearly as well as the standard. Also, the matte and standard formulas are practically identical for immediate reduction of shine. The matte may perform better for some people on all-day shine control, but so far, for me, the difference has been unnoticeable.

LIGHTER COVERAGE: If you are the kind of person with relatively good skin and not much to cover up, I would recommend the matte foundation highly because the coverage is light and very natural. It looks more natural than the standard foundation. But if you are like me and have blemishes and dark circles, I highly recommend the standard foundation.

AWESOME CONTAINER: Most BareMineral lovers will agree on the single most annoying thing about BareMinerals: the containers DO NOT travel well. Most of us have experienced a purse, suitcase, or travel bag sprinkled with that impossible to remove powder. Thankfully, they have fixed this problem in the new containers. But, so far, it looks like they are only using the new spill-proof containers on the matte formula. This container is so good, I recommend buying it for refill purposes. Although, if you are going to refill it, you should know that the container is .09 oz smaller than the standard foundation containers. Also, it opens from the bottom and is tricky to reseal.

PRICE: Matte foundation is 10 bucks more than the standard, and the container is smaller by almost 1/3. For me, it was worth it for the new container, which I will re-use.

BOTTOM LINE: I prefer the standard, but if this Matte foundation was the only product that BareMinerals made, I would still buy it because I still prefer it to any other make-up I have ever tried. Whether you prefer lighter or more complete coverage, BareMinerals is nothing short of MAGIC.

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 


Was this review helpful to you? b252 6 Bare Escentuals btn yes sec md. V192249951
b2526 Bare Escentuals btn no sec md. V192249949


14 of 15 people found the following review helpful:
a0fbe Bare Escentuals stars 1 0. V192241078
Not satisfied-switching back to old formula, November 17, 2009

I’ve been using the original bareMinerals for 5 years and really love it. I decided to try out the new matte formula because I thought it would be better for my oily skin. I am really dissatisfied with the new formula. First, it is very difficult to apply and does not blend well. It takes twice as much time to apply as the original formula. Once applied it feels very chalky and sits like a heavy mask on your face. Plus the coverage is not good. Like the other reviewer said, it also makes your pores appear much larger, especially on your nose. I even tried using the Prime Time foundation primer with it but it does not help the foundation to go on any smoother. I’m definitely chucking this junk and switching back to the old formula.

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 


Was this review helpful to you? b252 6 Bare Escentuals btn yes sec md. V192249951
b2526 Bare Escentuals btn no sec md. V192249949

Share your thoughts with other customers:
a0fbe Bare Escentuals btn create own review md. V192249922

 See all 64 customer reviews…


Sephora.com, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment